E*TRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, E*TRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants – over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 E*TRADE branches.
This leadership role will assist with overseeing the Cost Basis and Retirement team within Operations and offers a unique opportunity to work in a critical function of ETRADE Financial. The role is dynamic and requires continuous interaction with internal stakeholders as well as external financial services firms.
A successful candidate will be responsible for driving transformation and continuous improvement, leading programs or projects and managing relationships with various stakeholders and vendors. They will create robust management and team structures through rigorous recruitment & people development initiatives, ensuring the team is positioned well to execute a high standard of delivery and results within a controlled environment. This role is also expected to continue fostering a strong culture of risk awareness and management.
● Understands, translates, communicates and applies Business strategies and objectives within own area of responsibility, ensuring that direct reports and functional teams are aligned to overall strategy and objectives. Understands, articulates and implements best practices related to their product area
● Build and foster an environment in which company values, ethical framework and diversity are at the center of decision making and applied in our approach to business solutions
● Acts as a role model and promotes a culture of high performance in relation to team / department objectives and goals
● Produces both regular and ad hoc Management Information (MI), analysis and insight to clearly display progress in delivering goals and targets
● Implement effective people management by utilizing robust talent and career management framework with a view to recognizing and retaining our top talent
● Rigorously recruit and recognize high performing individuals with evidenced competencies essential to success in their role
● Responsible for team’s performance against agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key performance Indicators (KPIs) & Key Risk indicators (KRIs), takes appropriate steps to address and meet changing client needs and industry trends
● Takes ownership and provides oversight to the performance of controls within the team, ensuring they are complete, timely, and accurate
● Escalates operational, regulatory and other risks to senior management and concerned departments such as Compliance and Internal Audit. Takes ownership to identify key issues and actively participates in their resolution to ensure client satisfaction and acceptable business outcomes
● Provides direction, oversight, advice and guidance to direct reports and functional teams within own area of responsibility to create and foster an environment of continuous improvement. Partners with the relevant internal functions to scope, define and implement large scale change projects to deliver sustainable process and performance improvement
● Possesses cross process knowledge of other functional and product areas and understands how these are linked to their respective businesses
● Responsible for maintaining business continuity through rigorous planning and effective testing to ensure we are sufficiently protected in disaster recovery/emergency situations
● Build strong relationships with key stakeholders such as Senior Management, Audit, Compliance, Vendors and Clients in order to create highly collaborative partnerships.
● Utilize those relationships to share best practice and implement consistency of approach
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.