More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
E*TRADE’s market risk management department is a high profile and high visibility group monitoring several areas of risk. The team is looking for a dynamic, self-starter and result oriented individual to join the team. The analyst will monitor and manage the risk of E*TRADE’s margin loan product, one of the most profitable lines of business within the company. The position requires both a good understanding of financial markets and strong technical skills.
• Analyze daily reports measuring risk metrics such as stress scenario exposure, naked options activity, and futures trading risk
• Measure concentration in individual accounts and across the portfolio of all accounts
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of margin collateral requirements for exchange-traded derivatives including naked puts/calls, option spreads, and other options trading strategies
• Monitor market news and indicators for large idiosyncratic moves that have potential to create losses, including implied volatility shocks
• Prepare detailed and insightful risk reports for senior management and decision makers
• Conduct research on relevant industry trends related to financial markets and best practices in market risk
• Collaborate with and provide oversight of internal business partners on areas for improvement in risk management
• Perform competitive analysis of margin requirements and policies at peer online brokerage institutions
• Assist in model validation of options valuation models and risk systems
• Create and run statistical probability analysis using large data sets of financial returns, including correlation analysis and tail risk analysis such as value-at-risk (VaR)
• 2+ years of professional work experience of risk-related experience in the finance/accounting, investment banking, and/or investment management.
• Experience working with variety of technical and market tools such as Bloomberg
• Experience in statistical programming software such as MATLAB, R, SAS, or other related technical computing systems
• Must have SQL experience, constructing and executing database queries for both data discovery and automation of reports
• Must have knowledge of derivative instruments including equity & index options and detailed understanding of options risk metrics – delta, gamma, vega, etc.
• Must have knowledge of mathematical option pricing models including Black-Scholes and the binomial model
• Must be a self-starter with ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
• Ability to operate in a time constrained environment while multitasking and maintaining a strict attention to detail and high quality deliverables
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks efficiently and independently
• Strong analytical skills while being resourceful when seeking new information
• High level of intellectual curiosity is critical to the success of the candidate
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
• Alternatively a degree in a technical field such as math, statistics, engineering, economics, or computer science with a demonstrated interest in financial markets
• Desired qualification: FRM and/or CFA charter holder (or in the process obtaining)
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.