More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
The E*TRADE Vice President of Software Architecture will take on a complex challenge for the individual who seeks reward in devising elegant technical solutions. In building online brokerage, investing and banking solutions, we tie together thousands of products and financial tools with real-time financial data and sophisticated trading systems. Every detail matters. Our success depends on these parts working together in a delightful user experience. Yes, it’s hard work. We are seeking the one person who can take on the challenge.
● Provide strong leadership over the Architecture team
● Provide overall direction for developing the next generation application and services frameworks, as well as other core software components and frameworks.
● As part of our strategic direction, open-source technologies are used extensively to deliver leading edge solutions. The individual must have a proven track record in distributed, scalable, and high-performance web computing using open source technologies, and must have demonstrated successful product delivery in fast-paced environments.
● Overall design and development (on Linux platform) of distributed web technologies and applications, mobile, microservers architectures, message-oriented protocols and middleware, distributed caching, enabling software frameworks and container technologies.
● Lead development through Agile methods and Test Driven Development.
● Partner and collaborate with other technology leaders, stakeholders, and groups.
● Technical/business presentations to set and define architecture and solution visions to solve challenging and practical software architecture and deployment challenges.
• 15+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of product delivery specifically with the Agile methodology
• 10+ years’ experience in Java enterprise programming and Java frameworks; C/C++ and scripting languages (Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby) highly desirable.
• Knowledgeable about Data Engineering / Data Science / Data Analytics
• Experience in APM and been part of supporting commercial applications with thousands of online customers
• Experience with monolith to microservices project
• Experience with cloud, has participated in a cloud conversion project
• Strong Player/Coach
• Hands on: will write and review code
• Open minded, but with a vision. Doesn’t mandate standards, but promotes best practices
• Passion for full stack technology. Keeps up with the latest tech trends. Reads, experiments, networks, evolves.
• Can form a vision and articulate the vision across a large team
• Fosters a collaborative, innovative, and positive environment for all software engineers
• Comfortable influencing without authority (i.e., small directly managed team, large impact across the organization)
• Strong consulting skills; asks a lot of questions and tries to understand the problem/s from all angles before making any recommendations or drawing any conclusions. “Why?” and “Why not?” are frequent conversation starters.
• The architect who knows the code advocates for quality and clarity and guides away from complexity. She leads by example because she is coding prototypes and production-ready solutions when needed.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.