Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Leadership skills be able to inspire others and persuade
- Excellent technical architecture skills, enabling the creation of future-proof, complex global solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions.
- Ability to rapidly gain knowledge of the organizational structure of the firm to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
- Knowledge and experience in IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used.
- Familiar with solution implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
- Maintains close awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application for service offerings and products.
- Minimum of 5 years leading teams
- Minimum of 10+ years overall IT industry experience
- Minimum of 3+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions leveraging Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Knowledge of authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience building and supporting mission critical technology components with DR capabilities
- Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises
- Extensive, real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Terraforms, etc..
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data
- Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra, Couchbase
- Software development full life-cycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI, D3
- Experience with machine learning tools such as Azure ML, AWS, Google, etc.
- Experience in distilling complex technical challenges to actionable decisions for stakeholders and guiding project teams by building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
- Experience coordinating the intersection of complex system dependencies and interactions
- Experience in solution delivery using Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry trends and standards
- Exposure to infrastructure and application security technologies and approaches
- Familiarity with requirements gathering techniques.
Certification Requirements (at least one)
- Microsoft, AWS, TOGAF, ITIL, CCNA, CISSP, PMP, etc.
E*TRADE, a member of the Morgan Stanley family of companies offers a full spectrum of benefits, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability and other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Sick Leave, Parental Leave and Vacation), Holidays, 401(k) and financial wellness plans in addition to other special perks reserved for our employees. Please visit Employment benefits at E*TRADE Financial — explore jobs (etradecareers.com) learn more about our benefit offerings.